Wednesday 11 February 2009

Africa Day 1


2/9/09
I flew out of Qatar on time. When I landed in Nairobi I went to baggage claim and it was all safely there. They immediately took me to security again and walked me right out to the small Cessna plane. We took off right away and I was in Samburu in an hour. I was met by my guide David, who let me, put my cameras together and went right out on a game drive. I saw cheetahs and cubs, ostrich, 3 different antelopes, part of what they call Sumburu’s “Special Five”. Baboons, monkeys, elephants, giraffe, vultures, Impala…. Not bad for my first two hours. We came back to the camp at 6:30 where I got my Tent and had a nice gourmet 4 course meal in the main lodge with our leader Roger of "Nature Workshops" and fellow participants Penny and Dondi and our Guides David and Felix. We get up at 5:30am to get out before sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment