Tuesday 24 February 2009

Day 12 My Visit to Daystar


We wrapped up our packing and had a nice breakfast at Mara Intrepids, then took a small plane from the Mara Airstrip to Nairobi. The Origins staff dropped me off at Daystar, Nairobi Campus http://www.daystar.ac.ke where I met Alan & Franc who were my hosts for the visit. I met many nice people, students and Faculty. (I apologize for not remembering all names) We drove to the Athi river campus where we took a nice tour and I was graciously hosted in the office of the Vice Chancellor Prof. Rev Godfrey M. Nguru. I got a chance to talk to some students Elizabeth & Martin about photojournalism and their current project on which they asked me for help in finding any pictures I have of Kenya's green country. I toured the kitchen and met David from Sudan who is a student Diane & I have helped to sponsor. What a wonderful kid with an amazing story and a blessing of hope that Daystar has given to him and his family.
When it was time to leave we had to drive to Nairobi to take me to the airport and we encountered a huge traffic jam. What transpire next was like the scene from Star Wars where Luke Skywalker was navigating the Death Star Trench, in this case our pilot was Nyamu who fearlessly (at least for him) steered us through heavy traffic sometimes creating 4-6 lanes where I saw only 2! It was breathtaking to say the least and we did arrive safe and sound and on time to the airport where we all had dinner and I departed.
I am home now and will be working on my photo gallery to be on my website soon.
Stay tuned...............

2 comments:

  1. Hi UBD! Your trip sounded amazing... I thoroughly enjoy your Star Wars reference regarding traffic!! Hahaha... Glad you are back safe and sound!!
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda
    Hope your new life is cool!
    UBD

    ReplyDelete